- To provide an appropriate framework for political dialogue, allowing the development of close political relations between the Parties;
- through the expansion, inter alia, of trade in goods and services, the reciprocal liberalisation of the right of establishment, the further progressive liberalisation of public procurement, the free movement of capital and the intensification of cooperation in science and technology to
- promote the harmonious development of economic relations between the Community and Israel and thus to foster in the Community and in Israel the advance of economic activity, the improvement of living and employment conditions, and increased productivity and
- financial stability;
- To encourage regional cooperation with a view to the consolidation of peaceful coexistence and economic and political stability;
- To promote cooperation in other areas which are of reciprocal interest.